Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus, with Λ standing for "Accent", is the fourth update to Guilty Gear XX following Guilty Gear XX Λ Core, and the overall eighteenth installment of the Guilty Gear series. No changes to the battle system were made, but new features were added including a new Story Mode that continues the story from XX.
The story is a continuation from Guilty Gear XX. All characters have a storyline, and the stories cover events involving the mystery of Gears, "That Man", and conflict with the Post-War Administration Bureau. The game introduces a new non-playable character: the Post-War Administration Bureau scientist Crow, who attacks the cast using mindless clones of Justice.
Version differences Edit
- Kliff Undersn and Justice, with appropriate changes and additions made for the game, return.
- Λ Core Plus features a new, fully-voiced Story Mode. It uses a full branching path Zapping system with a total of 350 scenarios.
- Mission Mode is reinstated, but with only 25 challenges
- Survival Mode is re-hauled with level-up features
- Gallery Mode contains new illustrations.
- There are several bug fixes, rebalances, and tune ups from the previous version.
- The PlayStation Portable version includes 3-on-3 tag matches.
- The game's re-release by Asksys Games in 2012 on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, features online play by addind Player Match and Rank Match Modes.
- Almost all stages from Guilty Gear XX Slash are unlockable by clearing certain tasks in the game. Justice and Kliff don't have stages from Slash. The color of these stages can be change into those from ♯Reload by pressing a certain code.