Guilty Gear XX Slash is the second update to Guilty Gear XX after Guilty Gear XX ♯Reload and, overall, the eleventh installment of the Guilty Gear series. Released only in Japan, Slash is a revision that is more pronounced than the previous one regarding rebalances and adds two new characters.
Little over a year after its release, Guilty Gear XX Slash was re-released in Japan as part of "Sega the Best" collection on March 15, 2007.
- Sol, Anji, Johnny, Axl, Bridget, Slayer, Faust, I-No, Jam, Potemkin, Robo-Ky, May, Baiken, Zappa and Ky receive new moves and altered move properties (such as new inputs for existing moves and new functions added to certain attacks).
- New stage renditions, as well as two new stages for the latest characters.
- A.B.A from Guilty Gear Isuka is added with overhauled gameplay.
- New character Order-Sol is added. It is Sol Badguy from the past during his time in the Sacred Order of Holy Knights, all while utilizing the charge mechanic of the original Guilty Gear.
- New HUD that uses Story Mode portraits and a new Burst Gauge.
- Console version offers the option to change the BGM track during Versus Mode matches.