Guilty Gear X ver 1.5 is the eighth entry in the Guilty Gear series, and a updated version of Guilty Gear X running on the Sammy's Atomiswave arcade system. Announced in February 2003 at the Amusement Expo, its main changes were in the field of character balance, adding moves to make it more similar to the recently-released Guilty Gear XX.
Guilty Gear X ver 1.5 does not contain any new additions to the story.
- Many character's command lists are combined with their Guilty Gear XX versions:
- Sol: Fafnir, Gun-Flame Feint added. Can hold during Bandit Revolver as a prototype Bandit Bringer. Dragon Install lasts longer (12 seconds).
- Ky: Standing and + changed to XX versions. Greed Sever added + . Sacred Edge added with Ride the Lighting sound.
- Potemkin: F.D.B. added, alongside + and + from XX.
- Chipp: Air Taunt, and aerial + added.
- Johnny: Esenga added.
- Anji: Tenjinashi added.
- Testament: His boss normal attacks are changed to those from XX, as is his Grave Digger move.
- Dizzy: Aerial + added, and can no longer Triple Jump, only Double Jump.
- During Arcade Mode, Testament and Dizzy have a special graphic introduction, but they lose their intro songs ("Keep the Faith" and "Grief", respectively).