Nagoriyuki is a tall, heavily built, dark-skinned man with blue eyes and thick, shoulder-length Dread-locks tied into a ponytail. He wears a white coat with purple lining decorated with silver studs and snaps in the style of a haori, with only his right arm through the sleeve; the back of the jacket is emblazoned with red calligraphy for 心 (kokoro?, heart) and the word "HEART" beneath. This is worn over a simple orange robe cinched at the waist by a red obi and three leather belts, which is likewise half-removed. Beneath this is a long white waist cloth matching his jacket, with several purple and blue straps embroidered with crosses and the phrase "KEEP OUT." He also wears white fingerless gloves, black leggings, and simple gray sandals.
Most notable is his white mechanical helmet, which resembles a hannya mask with elongated horns and a rictus grin. In place of eyes and a nose is a featureless white surface marked with the same red kanji that appears on his coat. The helmet can automatically disassemble, retracting behind his head. He also carries a traditional daishō pair of swords sheathed at the hip, with the ōdachi locking into its scabbard via a mechanical apparatus in the hilt.
He is a noble vampire samurai who wields a bloodsucking blade and he is a kind man, who is heavily built. In addition to his giant frame and outstanding fighting skills, he has the uncanny abilities of a vampire.
Nagoriyuki is a Nightless samurai and the retainer of a man named Kazusanosuke. During the Crusades, he encountered Happy Chaos, who used his powers to force him to do his bidding. At some point after these events, Nagoriyuki paid a vast sum to rent out the basement level of a luxurious high-rise in Illyria, where he spent the next several decades in meditative hibernation.
Guilty Gear -Strive-
Nagoriyuki is found and awakened by Chaos, who once again uses his binding magic to force him to be his bodyguard, since he is the only person who knows his weakness. During the ensuing events he is forced to fight on behalf of Chaos and I-No, and Chaos also copies the unique properties of his blade to create bullets that halt regeneration.
Through these battles he develops a rivalry with Sol Badguy, telling him his flaws in battle as they fight. However, in their final battle, Nagoriyuki praises him and breaks free of Chaos's control, seemingly allowing Sol to kill him.
Like Slayer, Nagoriyuki is a vampire, and thus endowed with immortality, superhuman speed and strength. Said to possess a number of unique and powerful abilities, he wields a huge sword with impressive skill in battle and slashes at his enemies with punishing blows.
- Nagoriyuki's name may be an homage to the famous 1975 folk song "Nagori Yuki" (なごり雪?) by IRUKA, originally performed in 1974 by the band Kaguya Hime. The song has been covered by many prominent Japanese pop and rock artists in the decades since it was written.
- Nagoriyuki (名残雪?) is Japanese for "lingering snow," a sentimental phrase referring to out of season snowfall during the spring.
- Before Nagoriyuki performs Wasureyuki, an image of Gashadokuro will appear as a reflection on his O-dachi.
- When Nagoriyuki finishes Wasureyuki, you can see a fragment of The Great Wave off Kanagawa in the background.
- In a special interaction Nagoriyuki can have with Chipp before a match, the two imply that Nagoriyuki had some relationship with Tsuyoshi. In the Story Mode, Chipp is also surprised to see Nagoriyuki using a technique resembling his own Gamma Blade.
- In one of his taunts Nagoriyuki will start eating rice balls and list the nutrients that a single ball of rice contains.
- In a special interaction with Sol before a match, Sol asks him if he's a "Nightless", to which he replies if he knows his "master". This heavily implies that Nagoriyuki's master is in fact, Slayer.
- Nagoriyuki refers to his master using the name Kazusanosuke, one of the pseudonyms of the historical Oda Nobunaga. When discussing Nagoriyuki's inspiration, Ishiwatari verified that he is based on a historical figure, most likely Yasuke, a samurai of African descent who was one of Nobunaga's retainers.
- It was also revealed that Nagoriyuki changed his former name to this as a result of his experience learning Japanese culture.
- Nagoriyuki's horned mask bears a strong resemblance to the rabbit-headed minions Happy Chaos brainwashes, with the horns also resembling Happy Chaos's own.
- In the files, Nagoriyuki seems to have a special interaction with Jam Kuradoberi that can be viewed in Blender, but can't be seen currently.
- Official GGST Character Profile
- Official GGST English Character Profile
- Nagoriyuki's Information in 4th volume of "Developer's Backyard"
- [https://youtu.be/hPVMv30h6uQ Guilty Gear -Strive- Early Access Showcase